GRAIN FREE GRANOLA (base recipe)
This is a basic recipe - I tweak mine each time. You can use any types of fruit that you like. It’s so easy and tastes great. It’s also gluten free!
YOU WILL NEED…
- 4 cups mixed nuts and seeds of your choice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit (your choice)
- 125 grams butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey/maple syrup/rice malt syrup
- spice of your choice
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO…
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Place all dry ingredients into the food processor and blitz until they are chopped down. You can make it is chunky or as fine as you wish. Tastes the same.
- Pour seeds into a large bowl.
- Then, melt the butter in a saucepan gently, then add the honey and vanilla essence. Bring to the boil.
- Pour this mix over the dried seed mix and stir it well.
- Spread mix over a grease proof papered tray or 2.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30 mins turning with a fork every ten min, ensuring it does not burn.
- Remove and let cool. It hardens up as it cools.
- Crumble it up and store in an air tight container.
Serve with cream, over fruit, on pork fillets, on top of stewed apples as the crumble, eat by the handful.