PALEO CHOC GANACHE
I found this amazing recipe scouring the internet @absolutebodyhealth.
I LOVE chocolate. I made it for a friends BBQ. It was moist, chocolatey and passed the fussy eaters taste test (some kids went back for 2nds!!)
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED…for the cake part
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup blueberries (for inside and decoration)
- 1/4 cup coconut meat flakes (for decoration)
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED…for the ganache part
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 raw honey or coconut syrup
- 1 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO…
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Combine the cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla and oil.
- Mix well until smooth and combined with a electric beater to a nice airy consistency
- Divide the batter into half
- Spoon into 2, 25 cm springform baking tins lined with baking paper at the base and sides (makes it easier to remove the cake)
- Bake the cakes for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Rest cakes in the tins for 5 minutes then remove and cool on wire racks.
- Ganache - combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl and blitz with a hand mixer until it is a shiny paste.
- Once cakes are cool cover bottom layer with half the ganache and then sprinkle a layer of blueberries on top.
- Carefully place top layer of cake on and cover with remaining ganache on top and sides.
- Add fresh berries & coconut for decoration.
- Refrigerate for an hour before eating.